Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Goal Setting & My Vision Board! (All About YOU August #1!)

I think most of us can agree that we are on a constant quest for self-improvement, whether this be through health and fitness, our skin, our career, a better social life, etc. However, sometimes we lose motivation and it's hard to get back on track with everything. This is why things like New Years resolutions are so prevalent; we need that set date to force us to be motivated. One of the main reasons why we lose motivation to keep going is that we don't understand where our "finish line" is. By setting goals, we have something concrete to reach for. If you're a runner, you tend to sprint once you can see the finish line. This is why I set my long-term goals in the form of a vision board.

I set long-term goals for myself usually in the beginning of the 1st half of the year (January) and in the beginning of the 2nd half of the year (around now, July or August). I adapt to what I am currently facing and try to be realistic. I understand that I am not going to wake up having completed these goals. It takes time and effort. I chose to set these goals in the form of a vision board because I watch whatthebuck on youtube, aka Michael Buckley, and he always mentions "The Secret" and the power of visualization. While I haven't read "The Secret", I do believe in affirmations and the sort of subliminal influence that positive visualizations can have. 

My goals:
1. Get to a healthy weight. Eventually I want to be at 115, but for now I'm cool with 125. 
2. Be more social and be more friendly.
3. Improve my running (endurance, speed. My fastest mile is 7:27 and the farthest I've gone is 6 miles)
4. Get good grades. Obviously A's are the ultimate goal, but I just want to do my personal best. I can't ask for more than that. 
5. Devote time to my family. I want a stronger relationship since I only have a couple more years left "in the nest". 
6. Earn more youtube subscribers! (youtube.com/cassidymichellex3   <-- Shameless self-promotion) 



No comments:

Post a Comment