Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review: Olay Fresh Effects Bead Me Up Cleanser





Recently, I picked up a new facial cleanser after running dangerously low on my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Cleanser. My Target had a very limited selection of cleansers I had already tried and weren't in love with... until I stumbled upon this at the end of the isle on a separate display. The pretty print on the packaging drew me in. Plus, it was contained exfoliating beads, which eliminated an extra step from my skincare routine. So, I bought it!

I've used it for a little over a week as I'm writing this post, and so far I really like it.
When squeezing it out, you can't see large exfoliating beads.

Pros: exfoliates (although the beads are EXTREMELY tiny, almost invisible), definitely feels like it's actually cleaning out your impurities, doesn't dry out your skin

Cons: lots of artificial fragrance (one of the ingredients listed is actually "fragrance/parfum") which concerns me and many others because the chemicals they use for the fragrance may irritate sensitive skin (although I haven't experienced this so far), also doesn't contain any acne-fighting ingredients (salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide)

Fragrance/Parfum in the ingredients list
So far, I would give this cleanser a pretty positive review. Lately, my skin has been getting a lot better. However, I cannot attribute this completely to the cleanser, as I have been doing an entire skincare routine lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment