Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Nutrition/Fitness: Week 1 Progress!

Ever since I was young, I've had bad eating habits. I ate out of pure boredom more than anything. During the summer of 2012, I decided to try to change my lifestyle. From July 2012-September 2012, I lost about twenty pounds. I went from 165 to around 145. Then, my birthday came... Long story short: cake, pizza, leftovers. I started to realize what I was "missing" and quickly went back to my own habits. I no longer counted calories, and felt myself gaining weight. I was so scared to look on the scale and see that all of my hard work for those 3 months went to waste. The first day of the year in 2013, I decided to finally weigh myself and recommit. I was 155, ten pounds short of my weight 6 months before. It could have been worse, I thought. From January to April, I shed about 18 more pounds. I was 137. All the counting calories and being obsessed with weight got to me, and I felt deprived. I began binge eating in May, almost just because I could. I was eating anything and everything. Last Saturday, I decided I no longer wanted to live in denial. After about two and a half months, I stepped on the scale. I had gained 8 pounds and gotten back to 145. Not too bad, if you factor in what I was eating. I thought I was going to step onto the scale and see 180 or 185 or something drastic.

Now that I've told you that long-winded story of my progress so far, I wanted to blog about my weekly weigh-in and what I've done this week.

Starting Weight: 145.7 lbs
Ending Weight: 141.3 lbs

What I did:

-MY DIET-
I ate when I was hungry and tried not to deprive myself, since that only leads to binge eating. I ate lots of Special K! Protein cereal, which I've found keeps me feeling full longer. I snacked on Chobani Greek Yogurt tubes, which I froze. I ate fistfuls of trail mix, as well. For dinners, I ate hamburgers with veggies and peanut butter sandwiches with lots of fruit.

-MY EXERCISE-
I ran cross country twice this week, and did some blogilates videos. I jogged on incline on the treadmill and walked my dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment