Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Mani Monday: 1st Attempt at a Black & Gold Half Moon Manicure!

For today's mani Monday, I decided to try some simple nail art. I attempted a black and gold half moon manicure. It turned out pretty mediocre in my opinion. I don't think it looks great by any means. Alas, here it is!

Artificial light

Natural light

Bronze/Gold Color= Sinful Colors "Super Nova"
Black Color= Petite "Night" (found at Walmart)

I HATE the formula of "Super Nova". It is clumpy and bubbles up when it dries. I'll probably do a post on this by itself one day. However, it was the only bronzey/gold color I owned. Plus it took forever to dry, and when I used the circular sticker to aid the manicure, it would stick to the bronze color and take it off. Also, it was hard clean up around the edges, since it's a glittery polish.

The next time I'll try this manicure, I'll make sure to do a thin coat of the bronze color on all my nails first and let it dry for about 20 minutes to make sure it won't be removed by the sticker. Also, maybe I'll invest in a better gold polish so it will look a little nicer. I'm thinking about purchasing Orly's "Rage". If you own it, please leave your thoughts.

This manicure lasted for 4 days on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment